Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sub-For-Santa

Each year the company I work for provides Christmas for 25 families in need. One of my responsiblities is to coordinate this event. Gift tags are distributed to our branches and hung on the Christmas trees. Then members, employees and family members can select a tag and purchase the gift. Monetary donations are also accepted and used to purchase any gifts not selected off the trees.

Once all the gifts are collected and purchased, we have a Family Wrapping Party. Employees and family members are invited to come help wrap all of the gifts. We wrap all day and have lots of food and fun activities for the kids. Santa also makes a visit. My niece, Audrey, really enjoyed herself and her cookie.


It's overwhelming to watch the generosity flow into our various branches. People are so kind and make this event one of my favorites. It's incredible how I get to witness Christmas miracles that make this a success each year. I feel so blessed to work for such an amazing company that goes above and beyond and reaches out to help those in need.

No comments: