Friday, December 11, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I love Christmas time and all the fun things associated with it. This year I really wanted to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. I had several family members apply for tickets to increase my chances of being able to go. We ended up getting a few tickets and the first group of us ventured down to Salt Lake City last night. We left at 6 p.m. giving ourselves and an hour and a half to get to our seats. Plenty of time, right? Well, none of us realized there was a Jazz games going on that night too. Needless to say, traffic was horrible and the thought of going over 10 miles an hour on the streets of the city, was just a thought.

Our attempt at parking in our assigned parking terrace took another half hour to accomplish. After the three block brisk walk to the Conference Center, we made it inside to battle with hundreds of other people to find empty seats. The concert began. We were still searching for seats. The concert continued. We still searched for seats. About 30 minutes later, we ended up in the overflow seating at the tabernacle. So much for watching the concert and feeling the music inside the Conference Center. I could have stayed home and watched it next year on KBYU. The best part came after the concert when we waited in line for another 30 minutes to leave the parking terrace.

Was it worth it? Well for the girl who loves Temple Square at Christmas time, it was well worth it.


I also love the Festival of Trees. Most years I'm so busy volunteering with it that I don't have time to see many of the trees. This year I actually went to the event as a spectator and was able to walk up and down each isle and drool over my favorite trees. This upside down tree was so intriguing to me.


But most of all my favorite thing this year has got to be Earl the plant. I went to my brother's house and saw that Earl got roped into playing the role of the Christmas tree this year.

1 comment:

Leah Aston said...

Oh I miss all the Christmas festivals. Still searching for some here. We did go to our town's carol/fireworks concert and that was fun. Traffic and lines sound like a mess but I'm glad you got to go. :)