Friday, October 30, 2009

Trick or Treat


So I’ll admit it. I was so excited to wear my costume today to work that I didn’t sleep last night. It was like Christmas Eve. The anticipation was killing me. It reminded me of when I was a kid and we got to dress up in homemade costumes and parade around from classroom to classroom at school showing off our creative concoctions. We’d scramble the night before at home turning pillow sheets into a anything from a toga, to a ghost, to a mummy, to a tube of toothpaste. It’s funny how the fun hasn’t worn off yet. Here it is 20 years later and the only thing that’s changed is that I wasn’t scrambling last night to get my costume put together.
I also had fun carving my alma mater into a pumpkin. Go Aggies! Not bad for a beginner. I won't mention the number of hours and bloody knuckles that were sacrificed for this fine piece of art.

5 comments:

The Gentry's said...

I think I'll have top carve that pumpkin next year!

Shels said...

Love the lady bug costume! and definitely love the pumpkin!

she's beauty and she's grace said...

Cool pumpkin, Brina!!

Leah Aston said...

I'm impressed you weren't scrambling the night before for your costumes - we totally were. Tube of toothpaste - I'll have to remember that one. You look darling! In my search for a costume I did think about how it was nice to have all your mom's costumes to choose from that one year!

NERDINC said...

Very nice job on the carving. It would have looked great if it were a ute indian or something of that nature, but hey second best is ok by me. LOL