Sunday, February 15, 2009

Single Awareness Day

This past Friday at work, several bouquets of roses kept popping up on the desks of various women I work with. I found myself hoping that just one of the notes attached to the beautiful flowers would have my name on it. I guess I would have had more of a chance of receiving flowers if I was actually dating someone. As most of you know, I play the role of the friend. Friends don't get flowers on Valentine's Day. However, they do get invited to single awareness parties. What a relief. Instead of sitting home alone moping in my lonely misery, I could surround myself with other lonely miserable people and share my box of Kleenex with them.

Luckily I have some amazing friends that are neither miserable, nor lonely. They saved me from attending a single awareness party. After a night of shopping, fine dining, and watching "Bring It On" while making fun of the cheerleaders, once again, I felt grateful for this time I have to be single and enjoy great friends and good times. Maybe someday those roses will appear on my desk. And when they do, I'll enjoy that too.

No comments: