Sunday, December 7, 2008

Festival of Trees

For the past 6 or 7 years, my sister Andrea and I have been volunteering with the Festival of Trees. It's a huge fundraiser for Primary Children's Hospital. In addition to several other things, people decorate, or make trees and donate them to be auctioned off. The auction is held the first night of the event and then it is opened to the public to come see. Here are a couple of my favorite trees from this year.
This had a sports theme. In addition to the tree there were several tickets to sporting events, and lots of sporting equipment.This is a closer look at the tree made out of golf clubs. It was pretty awesome.
But, this was my favorite. It was made out of blown glass. There were glass ornaments in the trees in the background. The gifts on the floor were also made out of glass. The coolest part is that the lights in the display were all syncranized to music. I couldn't get enough of this tree. I was so fascinated by it.

No comments: